Got Bokeh?

I sold a lens on eBay the other day and my buyer wrote to tell me he’d seen the pics on my weblog and that I have ‘great Bokeh’. So now I can confirm that Bokeh is not a Japanese sexual practice but the word photographers use for those blurred discs you see in the out-of-focus areas of photographs. Fascinating. Ken Rockwell has a pretty good explanation. Mike Johnston says he’s the man who added the ‘h’ to the end of the English transliteration and has some good examples. Some test images here are really quite lovely in their own right and here’s a technical explanation from Harold M. Merklinger.

Categorized as Uncategorized Tagged